Wednesday, May 03, 2017

Morning Anchorage Woodpecker, Evening LA Sunset

So much to write about, but things that need some thought and time to get closer to right.  A quick trip to LA to do more work on my mom's house, then to San Francisco for some grandchild time.  The new baby over two months old now, so time to see her and her older brother for a few days.

So, you just get a couple of pictures.




I heard a woodpecker as I was putting stuff into the compost heap yesterday morning before we left.  And then I saw it.  The angle from the deck wasn't as good, but I took it before it flew away.  I think it's a downy woodpecker, but hard for me to tell for sure with these shots.







The flight was uneventful.  I'm trying to read The Camp of the Saints, supposedly one of Bannon's favorite books.  It's hard to get through, but it does help me understand how people could have voted for Trump.  I'm trying to figure out how to convey the sense I get from the book to do a post on it.  Race is a big factor - the need to protect the white race, but it's more than that.  Stay tuned.

We got into LA about 7:30 as the sun was setting.  I was thinking about the 10pm sunset in Anchorage, that gets later each day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.