Sunday, May 14, 2017

Fix Your Bike - Anchorage

I parked at my usual bike rack at UAA, but when I looked up, there was this strange new installation.



Lo and behold, it's a bike repair station.  There's a rack to hold the bike on top.  Tools hanging down at the bottom and a pump on the right.


But why here?  I can understand the pump.  But do you have to break down at this particular spot?  Fortunately, I took one more picture of this new feature.


So I could look this up.  I could buy one in red for $1,096.   But there's also a US map that shows all the places one can find these.  So I got the map for Anchorage.  (Well, it looks like I got the US map and you have to scroll up to Anchorage on your own.)





And today I got a tag-along bike through Craigslist for when my granddaughter comes to Anchorage in June.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.