Saturday, July 30, 2016

Blueberry Picking Near Powerline Pass

My daughter, granddaughter, and a friend went blueberry picking near the bottom of Flattop.  Here are a few pictures.  My family prefers not to be pictured on the blog, so you only get one of the most beautiful spots in the world.







These are crowberries.  They aren't as tasty, but they're sometimes used as filler with the blueberries.













Some interesting lichen I found on a rock.


















Down below we could see the contrails of the jets at the air show at JBER (Joint Base Elmendorf Richardson).  There are four or five jets flying in formation there.  Note:  I'm not promoting military air shows like these.  I've posted on the cost of air shows and I have questions about these as promotional events for military might.  Fortunately, we didn't really hear the terrible, obliterating roar of the jets from where we were.





I found a couple of king boletes, which will make a wonderful mushroom soup.












Lots of gentian blooming.






Some of the hemlock had lots of new cones.













And then we wandered down to Powerline Pass.




1 comment:

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.