Monday, May 18, 2015

Campground Wifi? Changing Icons






I saw this sign at the Riley Creek campground at Denali National Park last week.

Wow, I thought, the campgrounds have wifi now.  Amazing.  But why would it be over in one spot?

When I asked a ranger about the sign and whether there really was wifi, she paused to think what I might be referring to.  Then she smiled and said, "That's the sign to the amphitheater."

And when I looked on my computer, of course, the wifi symbol has the longer waves on the top. 


Actually, we enjoyed three days without any news media intrusion and just a few minutes a day of wifi (sitting outside the not yet open visitors center) to post pictures of animals we saw at the Park. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.