Here are some things I'm not ready to post about:
Kid's Count Report - headline on the email:
No Child Left Behind—Except 73 Percent of Alaska’s 4th GradersShocking New Numbers Rank Alaska 45th in Nation for 4th Grade Reading Proficiency; Show Troubling Racial Disparities in Learning Outcomes
|Ervin Kaplan, artist|
- Some art exhibit pics still from LA. Here are the museum custodians playing tic tac toe on the Mondrian at jna gallery in Santa Monica.
- Thoughts on the ADN's new sections on Science, Technology, Health; some of their headlines; and the end of the Ear and what Amanda Coyne has done with its reincarnation, or as Hollis French might say, "pourquoi?"
- Book club meeting on Tom Kizzia's Pilgrim's Wilderness.
- The Coast Guard's Kulluk report which seems to support the frustration this blog had with their press releases last year which tended to say how great Shell was doing and withhold everything else.
- Impact of the Koch "dump Begich" campaign.
- Easternization and Confucius Meets Feminism - followup from the Philosophy conference last weekend.
Or how nice a day it is today and why I should go out and enjoy the sun and snow and ice free surfaces (including in front of my house, but not yet everywhere.)