A Business Insider poll asked people about the various states. I normally wouldn't put something like this up, but it was interesting to see that Alaska is on other people's minds. It was rated top in Worst Food and Most Underrated. But while many states were white (no reaction) on a lot of the maps, Alaska showed some color (the darker the most votes) on 19 of the 22 questions. (Some it was hard to tell. And some it was good to be white.) OK, this is silly and I'm being parochial, but here it is.
Which state has the (is your)(is)
1. Weirdest accent? Massachusetts 16%
2. Best Food? New York 20%
3. Worst food? AK with 5%, followed by Alabama.
4. Favorite? California 12%, AK shows some color here.
5. Least Favorite? Texas wins hands down 11% AK shows faintly here too.
6. Craziest? California 25%
7. Hottest residents? California again 51%
8. Ugliest resident? While Alabama got the highest with 11%, Alaska shows some color.
9 Most beautiful scenery? Colorado got 11% but Alaska shows some color.
10. Worst scenery? Kansas. 12%
11. Drunkest? Louisiana 11%, Alaska shows color.
12. Best vacation spot? Hawaii 32% Alaska is one of only nine states in this one.
13. Most arrogant? New York (39%) beats out Texas and California
14. Rudest? Again New York (44%)
15. Nicest? Georgia 7% Most states got some color on this one.
16. Smartest? Went to Massachusetts. 24%
17. Dumbest? Alabama (16%) beats out Mississippi.
18. Best sports fans? New York 13%
19. Worst sports fans? New York 11%, but lots of color on the map including Alaska.
20. Would you like to kick out of America? Texas wins hands down. 21% Then CA.
21. Most overrated? California 28%
22. Most underrated? Alaska 5%
See the maps here.