Friday, December 14, 2012

AIFF 2012: Meet the Festival Director and Alaska's SAG Rep

I got more video taken than I was able to put up during the festival.   First is a short video with Festival Director Teresa Scott in the back of the Bear Tooth theater.  I caught here after the film El Estudiante, eating a taco as part of the Mexican Consul's Reception.  Then on Saturday night, just before the film Alaskaland, I talked to Ron Holmstrom. He is the Screen Actors Guild representative in Alaska and was scheduled to give a workshop on acting in the movies and also to talk about using SAG actors and the fact that for short films and low budget films normal SAG salary rates are waivable. His workshop wasn't in the Festival program and I didn't hear about it until after it was over. But I got to hear a little bit before the film began.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.