Accepting Applications for the 2012-2013 School Year! Applications due May 25th, 2012 at 5pm!
Our missionThe mission of the Youth Alliance for a Healthier Alaska is to advise the Adolescent Health program and other Division of Public Health programs and to create interventions designed at improving the lives of adolescents in Alaska.
Who are we?We are a group of diverse, energetic teens ages 14-18 from across Alaska. We are interested in health and are enthusiastic about shaping how our state responds to youth issues that we all experience.
What do we do?We are a group of diverse, energetic teens ages 14-18 from across Alaska. We are interested in health and are enthusiastic about shaping how our state responds to youth issues that we all experience.
In the 2009-2010 school year
- We provide feedback insight and advice to youth serving agencies. We review materials created for teens by youth serving organizations.
- We create interventions designed to improve the lives of adolescents in Alaska.
In the 2010-2011school year
- Played a role in the creation of Stand up Speak up
- Advised the statewide tobacco program and underage drinking initiative
- Created and judged a “Make Art, Not Babies“ art contest
- Reviewed grant applications
This school year 2011-2012
- Provided design and programmatic feedback for to following agencies: Careline Alaska
- The State of Alaska’s Choose Respect Campaign
- UAA Department of Health Sciences, Nursing Program: (hand washing modules)
- Alaska network on Domestic Violence on Sexual Assault: Stand up Speak up Campaign.
Tuesday, April 10, 2012
Do You Know a 14-18 Year Old Alaskan Who Would Like to Make a Difference?
I've been in a steering committee meeting all day and there's way too much to write about, so I'll just put this up for now. There's a lot of neat things going on around the state to promote healthy relationships and prevent domestic and intimate partner violence in Alaska. It's a way for 14-18 year old's to get involved health policy and get a small stipend and a trip to Anchorage to meet with the other youth.