Monday, May 09, 2011

Our Tulips Got Moosed Up




Our tulips disappeared some time in the last few days.  There are remnants left.


But a moose clearly found them tasty.  I watched once from inside the house as a moose, two feet away on the other side of the glass snacked on one flower after another.


I didn't see it happen this time, just the remnants. There weren't any flowers yet.  














In this case it even pulled the whole plant out, bulb and all.  I guess the bulb isn't as tasty as the greens.  




There is evidence in the yard that moose were here, though this pile is among half a dozen that the melting snow revealed  and isn't from the tulip tasting party.  

3 comments:

  1. Ah, Big Wild Life!

    It was sad/funny for me when today a columnist wrote of someone caught as 'a rabbit in the headlights'. Don't have deer here, really -- long ago hunted out.

    Things I miss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should name the first calf you see Tulip.

    And, boy, is your site running slowly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Probably the same grumpy self-serving beast that chased me on that bike ride back in 2008.

    Doug

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.