Saturday, March 05, 2011

Alaska State Rep. Pete Petersen on Peace Corps' 50th Anniversary

This past week, March 1, 2011 to be exact, marked the 50th Anniversary of John F. Kennedy signing into law the US Peace Corps.  There is a lot happening all year and Alaskan Returned Peace Corps Volunteers (RPCVs ) are planning a number of events. 

The only Alaska legislator I can find who is also an RPCV is Pete Petersen.  He served as an agricultural volunteer (he grew up on a farm in Iowa) in the Dominican Republic.  I talked to him about what he'd gotten out of the Peace Corps.  My sound card was full Thursday, so I went back again on Friday.  But I only got a bit of our conversation on video.  Here's a bit of that bit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.