Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Seeing Things Differently - The Bean (Cloud) at Millenium Park in Chicago

The most basic theme of this blog is how do we know what we know?  I try to look at things from a different angle or make connections among seemingly disparate topics or otherwise question conventional wisdom.  I'm not always that successful.       

But this video seemed to fit into this.  I already did a post on the Bean (officially it seems to be the Cloud [Gate - thanks Anon], but my friends called it the bean), but those were all still pictures.  When I was there I walked under it with my video going.  It's pretty lame video technically, but it gives you a bit more sense of the sculpture which distorts the world we as we know it and caused me to think about things a bit differently.

2 comments:

  1. Actually, it's called Cloud Gate. The optics are pretty awesome. I live in Chicago and like to just stand under it and figure out how many of me there are.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.