Thursday, May 20, 2010

Small World DC Style

We got to DC on Monday evening and while changing Metro lines the daughter of good friends in Anchorage came up to us to say hello.  I expect that sort of thing to happen in Anchorage, but not in DC.

Tonight, while walking J2's dog Kona, a man came up to me, looked at me closely, then said my name.  I haven't seen Joe Reum for many, many years.  We both worked at the Municipality of Anchorage in the early 80s and then he took a class from me at UAA.  And now he has his PhD and is Interim Dean of the School of Public Health and Health Services at the George Washington University.  He lives a short block from where my son lives.

Joe is someone I always enjoyed talking with and it was a real delight to see him again, albeit briefly.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.