Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Shana Blogs the Leg on Education Issues

I never got to meet Shana in Juneau, but she does leave comments here and one said that What Do I Know? helped get her start her own blog.  (I think she was saying politely, "if some yahoo from Anchorage can come down to Juneau and blog the legislature from scratch, I can do this."  And she's right.) We need more blogs like this one - it watches the legislature closely on one specific topic:  Education.  It's called Alaska Education Update.  So for those who want more legislative coverage, albeit focused on Education, here's a good place to go.  And she knows a lot more about what she's doing than I knew about what I was doing. 

Today's post  starts like this:

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Senate Floor Debate on SB 230 - Capital Budget

So much for posting every day until the end of session!  Oh dear!  How about a posting on yesterday's floor debate on the capital budget?

SB 230 – Budget: Capital, Supplemental, & Other Appropriations

http://www.legis.state.ak.us/basis/get_bill.asp?bill=SB%20230&session=26

The Senate passed CSSB 230(FIN) 19 yeas, 1 nay. Sen. Bunde voted against the bill. SB 230 has been transmitted to the House and was referred to the House Finance Committee. It is scheduled for a hearing on Wednesday, April 14 at 8:30 a.m. (See the “Saturday, April 10, 2010 CSSB 230(FIN) AKEDUPDATE” for a list of education-related projects.)  . . .  [The rest is here.]

2 comments:

  1. I'm flattered to be featured! Sorry I didn't get to meet you as well. I guess now I really will have to try to post every day!

    Hope you guys get spring up in Anchorage soon.
    Shana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sky is blue today, sun high in the sky, and there is one blooming crocus outside, up against the house.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.