Tuesday, December 08, 2009

AIFF 2009 - Tuesday Picks

The 5:30 shows include Know Your Mushrooms at the Bear ToothSnowdance 2 at the Alaska Experience Theater - a mix of Alaskan made and/or made in Alaska.  Out North has Snowdance 3 which includes People of the Seal and Unalaska along with in competition animation Hugo in the Land of the Lemonshark.   Given my interest in mushrooms, I'm headed to the Bear Tooth


Animation 1 at Out North at 7:45pm  tonight is full of good stuff, including Peter Dunlap Shohl's Frozen Shorts.  Also Calypso and the Mouse that Roared.  And Topi, which I'm expecting great things from - I missed it because I had to leave early on Saturday to get to Hipsters.  There's a lot of good stuff in this mix and if there's one you don't like, well it will be over soon, and the next one will be up.

But I saw most of this one, so I'll be at Son of Sunshine, one of the features in competition, at 8pm  at Bear Tooth.

The other 8pm showing, at Alaska Experience Theater, is two shorter documentaries, including Trip to Hell and Back, which is in competition, about horses and crystal meth.  Looks like a very interesting picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.