Thursday, March 05, 2009

Good Morning Vietnam!!

Here's a morning view from our balcony. The flag is part of our balcony.



I was going to add an audio from the movie Good Morning Vietnam, but when I looked for it, I got to a website that has original audio from soldiers in Vietnam, including this audio of the actual DJ Robin Williams played saying Good Morning Vietnam that someone taped off the radio. When you listen, no, it isn't broken. He just has great lungs.


And when I went onto Skype to see if I could get through to my son, the skype phone rang and it was my father's cousin in Brussels calling. I had found her skype number several months ago, but she's never on. So she must have seen my request to contact her and answered. So we talked for the first time in over a year. She must be 86 or 87 but there she was in living color. And we were still in bed. That was fun, but switching to German was a litte tricky. Fortunately, she can understand my frequent English words. It was the Thai that slipped in that confused her.

OK, we need to get up and explore Hanoi.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.