Thursday, August 14, 2008

Begich Fund Raiser - Long Time No See

We rode over to a Begich Fund Raiser tonight downtown. On the way, something flew up from under a car it seemed. The car stopped as I was passing what turned out to be an envelope, a check, and a checkbook, all of which I gathered and took to the man who I knew slightly. When we got to the fund raiser, there he was. And while he was in a car and we were on bikes, we arrived just a little after he did at the fund raiser about two miles away. We also picked up Ron ZZ on the bike trail and he was going to the same place.

The young woman in the picture surprised me by asking what my daughter's name was. Well it turned out to be the daughter of my daughter's physics teacher who took students on outdoor adventures in the summer.

I'd gone along for one - a ten day kayak trip in Prince William Sound - with this young woman, who was seven years old at the time. I found an old picture of the trip. She's the young one in the middle. But this sort of things happens a lot in Anchorage. She's finishing up college next year, headed for four months in Africa if things work out.





And this man walked into the crowded living room. He said to me, "Everyone's having a good time, I don't think you need me." I agreed. "You're right, just put your check in the basket and you can go." But, he stayed and talked a bit. Nothing earth shattering.








Then we were off to the Alaska Apple User Group meeting at the museum.

On the way home, we caught some late sun. It's setting earlier and earlier - this was taken about 9:30pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.