Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Recent Google Searches That Got People Here

Google is fantastic at helping us find things we never could have found otherwise. But it isn't perfect. The biggest problem I see is that it will grab words from unrelated posts. In the couple of lines you get, it isn't always clear that the words don't come from the same post. And as I've mentioned before, it's not totally clear how they pick which post to send people to. Some people who have googled "Vic Kohring" have gotten to one post, and other people to another post, or just to the main What Do I Know page.

Anywho, here are some recent searches that I found interesting for one reason or another:

  • do any people speak english in anchorage
    From Australia. I wonder if reading my blog answered the question.
  • being pressured to resign, what should i do?
    Sorry to hear this. It doesn't sound good. Unfortunately, this person got to a post about when corrupt politicians should resign. Close, but not quite what I suspect what the person needed.

  • monks walk what do they do for swimming
    Any thoughts on what this person wanted? I'm sure the answer wasn't there.

  • discovery channel no paid employees
    I got a number of these so there is obviously some sort of a story here. When I looked at some of the Google results, there didn't seem to be anything answering the question. They got to my post on the Discovery channel shelving the movie Taxi to the Dark Side

  • chiang mai, thailand women resorts motels weather
    From Venice, California. (I guess I noted that because I went to Venice High) But I hope the person didn't find what he was looking for on my site. Actually, I probably should have done a post on the topic of foreign men and Thai women. It seems that there are a number of marriages that have resulted from foreigners visiting prostitutes and economically, I'm told it works out well for the women. But that doesn't balance out the damage done to girls and boys and women forced into prostitution.
  • contact email and telephone numbers of all the mine in alaska
    This was from South Africa. Maybe someone is just looking for a job. But I bet there's an interesting story here.

  • where do pigs get their energy?
    What is there to say? I have no idea how this person got to this site. [I did mention slurry pigs and I have an energy tag. And I'm sure I've used all the other words somewhere.]

  • nus auditorium rental
    Here's an example of words from unrelated posts. NUS is the National University of Singapore, where my son is studying. The person (who was from Singapore) got to a post which included the rental fees for the Wendy Williamson auditorium at the University of Alaska Anchorage. They stayed a while, so maybe comparing prices was of interest.

  • what do women do at conventions?
    Greely, CO. Your guess is as good as mine.

  • why you may find indian hospitality uncomfortable
    Well, this person probably got what she was looking for. I did a post from India about the cross cultural mixed signals that Indian sales people give that make Americans uncomfortable

  • airline oxygen mask for a fee
    Oh my. I suggested this in my list of absurd new fees airlines could create. But you'd have to be really warped to think about such a fee.

  • morels of abortion
    Spelling errors can be so much fun. This person got a post on mushrooms. By the way, there are new morels in our backyard again this year.

  • what was the biggest cyclone/hurricane/typhoon of all times to hit the world
    My post on the difference between cyclones, hurricanes, typhoons, and tornadoes has been getting a fair number of hits since I posted it. But I don't have the answer to this one.

  • blogspot thoughts about sex
    From Moldova - I just discussed this one in the previous post.

1 comment:

  1. venice high? i love main st, used to go to Oar House while @ USC.... i love this post. so much to explore,take in. haha

    gary

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.