Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Early Dental Appointment

I knew, when I went to bed this morning (it was about 2am) that I had an appointment to get my teeth cleaned today, but all my calendar said was "Dentist." No time. I checked the voice mail, because they usually call the day before. I considered calling to tell them I didn't know what time the appointment was, but I bet on my knowing my sleeping habits and that I would have made it for the afternoon.

So when the phone woke me at 9:08am, I knew it was the dentist's office. I got dressed and grabbed the bike and was there at 9:20. Dianne, my great hygienist, was enjoying the chance to give me a bad time. Well, she always gives me a bad time, but now she had me good. (Note from the picture of the bike racks, Providence Hospital is ready to add another bike rack in the main building garage.)

Me: "I knew I had an appointment, but didn't know when. No one called like usual."
Dianne: "The calls are a courtesy, patients should be responsible. Next thing you know, the patients will expect us to pick them up.(There's always just enough smile in her voice I know she isn't serious.)

This is why I insist on having Dianne. Not only is she a great hygienist, she's honest and funny. I'd been teasing her about it being cheaper to fly to Thailand and get my teeth done than getting it done here. But, given how unprepared I was for today's appointment, I didn't have my pictures with me. So here they are now.

300 Baht is about $10. 500 Baht is about $15. (@32 Baht/$ - so we did rough rounding). So 5000 Baht would be about $150.

1 comment:

  1. Cue Twilight Zone theme - my hygienist moved my teeth cleaning appointment today moved up from 1:00 p.m. to 11:00 a.m. Which cleared up a whole bunch of early afternoon for me.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.