Monday, May 19, 2008

Another Anchorage Biking Plus - Late Sunsets

Riding home from the Shining Lights dinner last night.
It's about 10:15 as I get onto the bike trail in the middle of town, yet in this ancient woods. The sun's behind the clouds for a moment. The cool spring's delayed the greening. It's beautiful nevertheless.



I stop and wait a few minutes for this moose to wander a little further from the trail.



Almost home, now, I catch a glimpse of the sun setting from 36th. It's 10:30pm. Solstice is still a month off.

2 comments:

  1. Those long summer evenings must be a real compensation for the short winter days.
    A great advert for cycling, like your Chiang Mai ride home. I was surprised to see riding/driving on the left. Thought it was only us Brits and some of our ex-colonies who did that.
    Your thoughts on attitudes to cyclists were interesting. As one myself, I feel let down by the thoughtlessness of those who ignore traffic lights and pedestrians.
    Re-your recent query, I have responded by e-mail

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband and I were in town with the kids the other day and we walked along the Coastal Trail around 9:30. this is one of the nicest things about Anchorage, I think! Tony Knowles is fortunate to have this named for him!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.