Tuesday, April 22, 2008

The Owl and the Lizards

J spotted an owl outside our window this morning and I got there in time to see it fly off. We think it might be a collared owlet, but aren't really sure.

Coming back from lunch this afternoon I saw Maya who is back from her trip to Madagascar. That's not a normal side trip from Thailand. She was a Peace Corps volunteer there and has gotten a job in the summer taking some high school kids there. So they flew her over to prepare. While we were talking I noticed a blue rubber lizard I hadn't seen before, on the tree next to us. But when I looked closer this bizarrely colored critter moved.

It was about a foot long.



As we followed him around to the other side of the tree, we found two more like this one.























A couple hours later we had a loud thunderstorm and I had to wait till the rain lightened considerably to ride home. But the temperature dropped 20˚F to 75.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.