Saturday, November 03, 2007

Day Light Savings



Our old mountain ash drops its leaves reluctantly. All the other trees are bare. The little snow we had is gone. Got to run again today after the trial and then rain. I guess I've gotten soft since our time in Portland.

Day light savings ends today. It really isn't relevant this far north in the winter or summer. And gaining an extra hour on the weekend isn't bad. It's setting the clock forward in spring that bothers me.

My proposal for spring is to set the clock forward at 4pm on Friday. People who work get an hour off with pay, of course. They can just work harder earlier that day. Few offices do that much work on Friday anyway. And the bars and movies and restaurants can all deal with it. It's not a perfect plan, but it's better than losing an hour of weekend.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you but I don't need your corrections anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you need to lobby the legislature about this-- it's a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post is a different matter hik... well not really but the other post deserves more attention :)

    I note even although the pic does not enlarge enough ;) that your mountain ash not withstanding having the same name, is the same as ours, foliage wise anyway, here it's common name is Rowan.

    Here in the old days it was planted outside most rural homes [it would be stupid inside:))]to protect against evil spirits and witches. Does it have the same symbolism where you are?

    Oh and I thought we were the only ones that turned the clocks back apparently not... that is my lesson for the day thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.