Sunday, June 10, 2007

Palladium Shoes Delivers

I hate going shopping to find something I need. I can never find it. So if I find something I like and I know I can use, when I'm not really looking, I buy it. Doesn't happen often. So in Seattle a couple of months ago, I found this pair of shoes. I bought em. They were comfortable and looked cool.

I wore them maybe three times. We were back in Anchorage when the metal hook on the right for the shoelace broke off. You can see the left hook still there. I tried to just put the shoelace through the hole, but the hole was too small. I went to the Palladium website and emailed in my problem. After a week with no response, I got the 800 number and called Caryl. When I said the email didn't get answered, she said, "That's my fault, I'm behind." Wow, she didn't blame anyone else, admitted to being the problem. When I told her what happened
Caryl:"That shouldn't happen. I'll send you a new pair."
Me: "Well all I need is a new hook."
C: "No, we'll send a new pair."
Me: "Should I send the old ones back?"
C: "No, keep 'em, donate them to charity, do whatever."


A week later a new pair arrived. Part of me thinks only in the modern Western world is it 'cheaper' to send a new pair of shoes than to make a minor repair. But as a customer with a problem, I got back no attitude, no questions, just concern about my problem, a sense of humor from a real person, and immediate and generous response.

Since I've complained here about companies that seem to prey on the unsuspecting, I think I ought to also give credit to those companies that do a great job of serving their customers. Thanks Palladium, you've got a great employee in Caryl!

3 comments:

  1. Dear Sir,
    I am fames to your paladium shoes but I couldn't find a market in Lebanon anymore, would you please advise me from where in Lebanon I can bye a new paladium shoes, Thank you- Regards
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anon - here is the contact page on their website. They have branches in USA, UK, France, Germany, and other EU countries. You can contact them and see if they will ship to Lebanon. Good luck. http://www.palladiumboots.de/shop/customer-service

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.